TimeFinders regularly undertakes Deputyship Reports, Care Reviews and Health & Welfare Visits on behalf of Professional Deputies and Attorneys.
- As far as is possible, we communicate with your client to assess their own views of the care they are receiving
- If appropriate, we liaise with family members, friends, regular visitors and social workers to ascertain their opinions on your client’s care
- Our Reports include a comprehensive review of your client’s Care Plan
- Our Reports include a review and assessment of the care provider
- Our visits to care facilities are unannounced so that we are able to observe the normal care provided to your client
- We conduct our visits in a friendly, supportive manner designed to gain the trust, confidence and openness of the staff caring for your client
- We monitor CQC inspection visits and reports during the following 12 months and alert you to any action that needs to be taken.
We are delighted that one of our Deputyship Reports was recently singled out for praise by the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) in a recent professional Deputy Assurance Review.
“Alison’s Deputy Visit & Report service has been particularly valuable to us in assisting our efficient management of Deputy matters. Her involvement (as an independent set of eyes) has been specifically praised by the Office of the Public Guardian (“OPG”) in recent professional Deputy Assurance Reviews we have had with the OPG.”
Irwin Mitchell LLP
Care Reviews and Health & Welfare Visits
As someone who is responsible for paying for a donor’s care under a Property & Financial Affairs Lasting Power of Attorney, or who has financial responsibility under a Deputyship Order, it is essential to know that the care being provided is appropriate for your client’s needs, is of a high quality and is value for money.
As care needs increase and cognitive ability decreases, the level of domiciliary care support required can increase to a level which is not economically viable, or at least doesn’t represent the most cost-effective way of delivering the care your client needs. A TimeFinders Care Review investigates whether the care being provided meets your clients’ needs and is being provided in the most cost-effective way.
We are very sensitive to the needs of clients who have become familiar with long-standing carers, particularly near the end of life, and our recommendations place the best health and welfare interests of the client before economic considerations. However, if care arrangements become unsustainable, a sudden change in regime can have a very detrimental effect on a person’s health and well-being. In this case, we can advise on the transition to more sustainable care.
We also undertake Care Reviews for clients in Residential Care or Nursing Homes. We can, if necessary:-
- Visit facilities which have received a poor CQC report to ensure that your client’s care and welfare support is satisfactory.
- Recommend different care provision if care is falling below an adequate standard
- Advise on the smooth transition to alternative Care or Nursing Homes
- Liaise with social services, GP etc to arrange a Best Interest Panel Decision to authorise the change of location
TimeFinders also makes regular Health and Welfare Visits to clients, both in their own homes and in residential care, to provide additional one-to-one support and interaction to enhance their well-being. This also allows us to monitor the provision of care, particularly as needs change, to review the care plan and to liaise with Social Services for DoLS renewals etc.