TimeFinders’ approach and way of working with clients, often in difficult circumstances, is exceptional and follows a dedicated person-centred philosophy which respects, champions and supports older people to make their own decisions and has the flexibility to work with each client and family member as unique individuals.
- TimeFinders offers a free initial consultation with clients to assess their requirements. There is no obligation to proceed. Following this consultation, TimeFinders will produce a written proposal setting out clearly the work to be done and the fees which will be charged. Clients, or their legally appointed representative, will be asked to sign and return a copy of the proposal prior to TimeFinders commencing work. TimeFinders is always happy to discuss our proposals and work with our clients’ appointed representatives and/or family members provided that such authority to discuss such matters is given by our clients.
- Every member of the TimeFinders team undertakes to conduct themselves at at all times with complete professionalism integrity, honesty, openness and trustworthiness.
- Every member of the TimeFinders team in direct contact with clients will be required to have enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly the Criminal Record Bureau), written references will be checked and they will undergo a detailed interview, probationary period and training process.
- No member of the TimeFinders team is permitted to accept any gift from a client or be named as a beneficiary in a client’s will. Should a TimeFinders team member be named as a beneficiary in a client’s will, the legacy will be returned to the Estate.
Tokens of appreciation: Occasionally clients wish to say thank you to their personal TimeFinder with a small box of chocolates or produce from the garden etc. and a refusal to accept such a token, even when declined gracefully and with gratitude, causes distress and hurt. Each TimeFinder thrives on the words of appreciation that a client bestows so such small tokens of appreciation are very much discouraged and never solicited. However, very small tokens may be accepted with the permission of the Directors. All such tokens of appreciation will be photographed and recorded in our Small Gifts/Benefits in Kind Register which is monitored by the Directors.
We hope our clients and their families will understand that some of our clients are very vulnerable to persuasion and influence and, in order to maintain the trust that we are given and to carry out our work with honesty and integrity, we have to be pedantic about such matters.
- Members of the TimeFinders team may be permitted, after consultation with the TimeFinders Directors, to become a Health and Welfare Power of Attorney for a client where there is no other suitable person available. Ideally, the TimeFinders member should arrange to be a joint Health and Welfare Power of Attorney with the client’s solicitor or other professional adviser.
- Members of the TimeFinders team may not, under any circumstances, be appointed a sole Attorney under a Lasting Power of Attorney for Property and Financial affairs. If a client does not have another suitable person to become their Attorney, after consultation with the TimeFinders Directors, a member of the TimeFinders team may become a joint Attorney with the client’s solicitor providing that the decisions relating the to Power of Attorney must be made jointly by all Attorneys. A TimeFinder member cannot make any decisions or take any action independently.
- Every member of the TimeFinders team shall:
- champion the rights of older people for their voices to be heard and to receive the highest quality of service and physical and emotional care regardless of gender, race, religion, sexuality or age and to challenge such discrimination wherever it occurs.
- not divulge any personal information given or obtained in the course of their work except as expressly permitted in writing by the client or as required by law either during the period of the working relationship or at any time thereafter
- comply with the laws of the United Kingdom both in letter and spirit and avoid even the appearance of any criminal offence or professional misconduct
- not exploit any relationship with a client for personal benefit
- at all times act honestly, transparently and in such a manner that clients are not misled
- not represent conflicting or competing interests without consent of the parties concerned after full disclosure of the facts
- not knowingly act in a manner inconsistent with this Cod
- TimeFinders does not accept commission, referral or introduction fees from any of the services we recommend to our clients. TimeFinders always seeks to obtain the maximum value for our clients so should such a payment be offered it will be accepted and transferred in full to the client concerned and a record made in our Commission Register.
- Every member of the TimeFinders team will facilitate and support our clients to make their own decisions wherever possible.
- Every member of the TimeFinders team is required to abide absolutely by the TimeFinders Code of Conduct. Any failure to do so will result in instant dismissal.